- 1 What does Xcel mean in gymnastics?
- 2 What level in gymnastics is Xcel silver?
- 3 What do levels mean in gymnastics?
- 4 What is the difference between Xcel and USAG gymnastics?
- 5 Is 12 too old to start gymnastics?
- 6 What is the highest level of Xcel gymnastics?
- 7 Can you skip levels in Xcel gymnastics?
- 8 How old are Level 4 gymnastics?
- 9 How old are Level 10 gymnasts?
- 10 What do Level 10 gymnasts do?
- 11 Who is the youngest level 10 gymnast?
- 12 Can Xcel gymnasts go to the Olympics?
- 13 How many Level 10 gymnasts are there?
- 14 What do level 1 gymnasts do?
What does Xcel mean in gymnastics?
XCEL is an alternative USA Gymnastics competitive program offering individual flexibility to coaches and gymnasts. The goal of XCEL is to provide gymnasts of varying abilities and commitment levels the opportunity for a rewarding gymnastics experience. I. HIERARCHY OF INFORMATION FOR THE XCEL PROGRAM.
What level in gymnastics is Xcel silver?
The Xcel Silver division is the second level in the Xcel Program. To compete gymnastics in the Xcel Silver Division, the gymnast must be able to do routines that meet these requirements, as stated in the Xcel Code of Points.
What do levels mean in gymnastics?
In gymnastics, levels refer to the status of the gymnast according to how their skills are developed. Each level has its rules and needs the athlete to meet certain conditions in order to be categorized in it.
What is the difference between Xcel and USAG gymnastics?
USAG defines the Xcel program as “a broad-based, affordable competitive experience outside the traditional Jr. Often, gymnasts in the Xcel program do fewer competitions than their JO counterparts, and it is less of a financial and time commitment than JO.
Is 12 too old to start gymnastics?
You can begin gymnastics at almost any age you develop an interest, but you may want to stick with recreational gymnastics if you start older than 12. Starting later than 12 years old may not give you enough time to develop the skills you need to go up against people who have been at it since they were toddlers.
What is the highest level of Xcel gymnastics?
There are currently 4 levels in the Xcel Program; Silver, Gold, Platinum & Diamond. More information about USAG Xcel in general. Gymnasts may progress into higher levels by a variety of paths: JO Compulsory, Xcel Optional, and JO Optional.
Can you skip levels in Xcel gymnastics?
Skipping levels in both JO and Xcel are generally not allowed – the exception is bronze in xcel and L1-3 and L6 in JO. All other levels are mandatory.
How old are Level 4 gymnastics?
*Level 4 gymnasts must be a minimum of 7 years of age to compete.
How old are Level 10 gymnasts?
There are three optional only levels: 8,9,10. The minimum age for level 8 is 8 years old, while for levels 9 and 10, it is 9 years of age. Level 9 is the second level of optional competition. Its difficulty requirements and expectations are accordingly more difficult than at level 8.
What do Level 10 gymnasts do?
Level 10 Gymnastics Requirements: Beam
- One Acro Series with a minimum of 2 flight skills, either one skill must be a minimum of “C” or the series can be an “A” non-flight acro skill directly connected to an “E” flight skill (excludes the mount and dismount)
- One leap or jump with an 180° split.
Who is the youngest level 10 gymnast?
Meet 10-year-old Level 10 Olivia Dunne. Olivia Dunne is a level 10 gymnast training at ENA Paramus with Coach Craig Zappa. The ten-year- old is one of the youngest USAG Level 10 gymnasts in the country.
Can Xcel gymnasts go to the Olympics?
There is no direct mobility from Xcel levels into the Jr Olympic Levels. Even if a gymnast has competed all the way through Diamond in the Xcel divisions, which would be similar to a level 7, in order to compete at level 7 she must pass out of levels 4 (the lowest required competitive level), 5 and 6.
How many Level 10 gymnasts are there?
Out of the 70,000 or so girls who compete in USA Gymnastics nationwide, typically there are only 1,500 level 10’s. Level 10 is the skill level competed in collegiate gymnastics.
What do level 1 gymnasts do?
Level 1 is not a required level; the first required level of competition is level 4. Level 1 gymnasts must perform a beam routine with the following skills:
- jump to front support mount.
- arabesque to 30 degrees.
- needle kick.
- relevé lock stand.
- stretch jump.
- cartwheel to 3/4 handstand dismount.