- 1 What is a compulsory routine?
- 2 What are the levels in gymnastics?
- 3 What is USAG compulsory?
- 4 What is the difference between Xcel and compulsory gymnastics?
- 5 Who is the youngest level 10 gymnast?
- 6 How old are Level 10 gymnasts?
- 7 Is there a level 11 in gymnastics?
- 8 What do Level 10 gymnasts do?
- 9 What do level 1 gymnasts do?
- 10 What skills do Level 4 gymnasts need?
- 11 Can you skip level 4 in gymnastics?
- 12 How many Level 10 gymnasts are there?
- 13 What level is Xcel Gold gymnastics?
- 14 What is the highest level of Xcel gymnastics?
What is a compulsory routine?
Levels 4, 5 and 6 are compulsory levels, meaning that each gymnast performs the same routine as every other gymnast in competition. In Level 7, gymnasts begin performing optional routines, in which they perform routines, created from a list of appropriate skills, with their own distinct and personal style.
What are the levels in gymnastics?
In the United States, gymnastics categories are divided into levels from 1 to 10, dividing them into groups for beginners (level 1 to level 3) and groups for advanced or professional people (level 4, level 5 to level 6, level 7 to level 10) the latter being the most competitive.
What is USAG compulsory?
5 Levels of Compulsory Exercises Level 1 gymnasts must be a minimum of 4 years of age to compete. Level 2 gymnasts must be a minimum of 5 years of age to compete. Level 3 gymnasts must be a minimum of 6 years of age to compete. *Level 4 gymnasts must be a minimum of 7 years of age to compete.
What is the difference between Xcel and compulsory gymnastics?
The Xcel program allows gymnasts to start competing almost right away, by lowering the skill requirements for the entry levels. The Xcel program is also for gymnasts who compete in the compulsory Jr. Olympic levels and would like to compete in an optional program during their “off” season.
Who is the youngest level 10 gymnast?
Meet 10-year-old Level 10 Olivia Dunne. Olivia Dunne is a level 10 gymnast training at ENA Paramus with Coach Craig Zappa. The ten-year- old is one of the youngest USAG Level 10 gymnasts in the country.
How old are Level 10 gymnasts?
There are three optional only levels: 8,9,10. The minimum age for level 8 is 8 years old, while for levels 9 and 10, it is 9 years of age. Level 9 is the second level of optional competition. Its difficulty requirements and expectations are accordingly more difficult than at level 8.
Is there a level 11 in gymnastics?
These have been established by USA Gymnastics (USAG), the national governing body for the sport of gymnastics in the United States. Levels 7, 8, 9, and 10 are the Optional Levels –each gymnast performs her own routine. Level 11 is the Elite Level; each gymnast performs an optional routine.
What do Level 10 gymnasts do?
Level 10 Gymnastics Requirements: Beam
- One Acro Series with a minimum of 2 flight skills, either one skill must be a minimum of “C” or the series can be an “A” non-flight acro skill directly connected to an “E” flight skill (excludes the mount and dismount)
- One leap or jump with an 180° split.
What do level 1 gymnasts do?
Level 1 is not a required level; the first required level of competition is level 4. Level 1 gymnasts must perform a beam routine with the following skills:
- jump to front support mount.
- arabesque to 30 degrees.
- needle kick.
- relevé lock stand.
- stretch jump.
- cartwheel to 3/4 handstand dismount.
What skills do Level 4 gymnasts need?
Level 4 Gymnastics Requirements: Beam
- 180° turn in passé
- Split leap with 120° leg separation.
- Split jump with 120° leg separation.
- 180° squat turn.
- Cartwheel to side handstand, 1/4 turn dismount.
Can you skip level 4 in gymnastics?
Gymnasts must enter at Level 1 but may progress through the events and skills at different levels. Athletes may not skip any level (exception… Level 6 may be skipped, see below). A gymnast may not advance to Level 4 until she has completed the requirements as listed in the Entry and Mobility chart (page 79).
How many Level 10 gymnasts are there?
Out of the 70,000 or so girls who compete in USA Gymnastics nationwide, typically there are only 1,500 level 10’s. Level 10 is the skill level competed in collegiate gymnastics.
What level is Xcel Gold gymnastics?
Xcel Gold is the third level in the Xcel Gymnastics Program. For gymnast to compete in the Xcel Gold Division, the gymnast must be able to do routines that meet certain requirements, as stated in the Xcel Code of Points. Gold: The minimum age requirement for the Gold division is 7 years old.
What is the highest level of Xcel gymnastics?
There are currently 4 levels in the Xcel Program; Silver, Gold, Platinum & Diamond. More information about USAG Xcel in general. Gymnasts may progress into higher levels by a variety of paths: JO Compulsory, Xcel Optional, and JO Optional.